[From VBC: I loved Cynthia Eden’s new paranormal romance Angel of Darkness. In addition to fallen angels, the novel features a great kickass vampire heroine. Cynthia was kind enough to drop by and talk about vampires. Read to the end for your chance to win a copy of Angel of Darkness.]
Hi, everyone! It is such a pleasure to be here at the Vampire Book Club. I love vampires—have ever since I was a kid, and I saw my first black and white Bela Lugosi film. Ah, Bela!
But I don’t want to talk about the male vamps today; instead, I want to talk about the ladies with bite. As I’ve been writing, I’ve discovered that I really enjoy creating stories about strong, female vampires. Tough heroines who can kick supernatural butt…or who can seduce their prey with a soft bite.
The ladies are taking over the supernatural landscape, and I love that.
In my latest book, Angel of Darkness, my heroine doesn’t start out as a vampire. In fact, in the first few pages of the book, she’s a school teacher. A teacher who goes for the wrong walk on the wrong night in New Orleans. When she’s attacked, Nicole St. James barely manages to fight off the monster that comes at her with his fangs open. She does fight back though, but, unfortunately for her, she doesn’t survive the attack.
Or at least…she doesn’t survive totally.
While I think vampires are strong and fierce (and pretty much all around awesome with their immortal selves), I wanted Nicole to show the transition that vampires have to face as they give up their humans lives and embrace the night life. Nicole has to make choices and face battles that she never imagined as a human. A whole new world waits before her…and it’s a world that a vampire can really sink her teeth into—provided, of course, that she’s hungry enough.
And since my heroine is now powered up and ready to tackle the monsters in the dark (okay, she’s *getting* ready to do so), then it only seemed fitting that I should pair her up with one extremely fierce, pretty much unstoppable hero…and so she met her ANGEL OF DARKNESS.
Sure, an angel and a vampire might now appear to be the two likeliest lovers, but in Nicole’s case, her angel has a very, very dark side. One that is about to break free. Good thing a powerful vampiress can handle anything and anyone who comes her way…
Thanks for taking the time to check out my post! What do you like about vampire heroines? And would you make a good vamp? Leave me a comment, and one person will be selected to win Angel of Darkness.
We are lucky to have one copy of Cynthia Eden’s Angel of Darkness to giveaway. One VBC reader (with a shipping address in the U.S. or Canada) will win. Answer Cynthia’s question(s) for your chance to win.
CONTEST DETAILS & RULES
1. To enter, you must leave a comment answering Cynthia’s question(s).
2. You do not need to follow Vampire Book Club to be entered, but we sure like it when you do.
3. This contest is open to U.S. and Canadian addresses only.
4. Contest closes at 11:01 p.m. CST on Dec. 26, 2011.
5. The winner will be selected randomly. Then she will be contacted via email and given 48 hours to claim her prize. If we do not hear from the winner(s) within that time, a new winner will be selected.
7. Though unlikely, Vampire Book Club has the right to change or cancel any giveaway at any time without prior notice.
8. Vampire Book Club is not responsible for prizes lost or damage in transit.
9. Big thanks to Kensington for providing the prize.