Here’s the setting of the Lady Lazarus trilogy: Europe on the eve of World War II. The protagonist, witch Magda Lazarus, travels a world ready to explode, in search of her magical inheritance.
That’s kind of like saying that I live in 21st century America — not too specific!
Here are five particular spots you will visit with my characters when you crack open the pages of Lady Lazarus, Dark Victory and Rebel Angels:
1. 1939 Budapest: Golden and haunted, this gilded, Paris-like city hovers on the edge of total war and destruction. Populated by glamorous rebels of all kinds, including Communists, Fascists, demons, witches, werewolves, vampires, and angels. Dangerous, still beautiful, and full of wicked magic.
2. 1939 Amsterdam: A city filled with foreigners, secrets, spies, and a hidden book of spells, bent to terrible ends. Magda meets a mysterious American, reunites with her best friend, and battles a trio of demonesses…
3. The Wolf’s Lair: Hitler’s eastern outpost in Prussia, populated by the Great Eastern Werewolf Pack and an ancient demon bent on world destruction.
4. Chartwell: Magda and her guardian angel Raziel meet Winston Churchill at his home outside London, to seek help in stopping a supernatural menace…
5. The Temple of Fire: Magda and Raziel, in their travels to the wilds of the Caucasus, seek sanctuary from the high priestess within this Zoroastrian temple outside Baku.
One of the greatest parts about writing this series has been the opportunity to disappear into magical times and places. I’ve been chasing Magda into danger for three books, and losing myself all along the way!
Michele’s publisher has offered up three complete sets of her Lady Lazarus trilogy to VBC readers. Simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below to enter.