Posted by Jul 22, 2010
in News & Notes
| 1 comment
This week the authors are involved with the contests — including a couple giveaways straight from the source. All the books below are ones either we love or are on the to-read list. So, go forth and win!
- Of course, we’re going to lead with the Vampire Book Club contest: win Unholy Ghosts and Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane. We are in love with the Downside Ghosts series (read our review of Unholy Magic), and happily will send copies your way. Contest is open internationally. Enter before 10 a.m. Monday, July 26.
- Emily’s Reading Room is holding a great Nightshade contest. What makes it so awesome? We like creative stuff, and to win you’ll need to design a Nightshade shirt (we’d play off the bloody lillies on the cover). Author Andrea Cremer will pick the winning design, and the winner receives his/her design printed on a shirt along with the advanced review copy (ARC) of Nightshade. Not too shabby. You have until Aug. 3 to enter. (U.S. residents only on this one.) See the Nightshade book trailer.
- Also in the creative contest department, Stacia Kane (yes, the one we’re won’t stop talking about) is holding a badass contest. She’s letting one lucky winner name a character in a future Downside Ghosts book. Now, whether that will be a friend, a murder victim, subject of investigation or a junkie…. Well, you don’t have to suggest YOUR name. In addition she’s throwing in the full Downside audio book set. Bunches of ways to enter, just be sure to do so by July 30. (Contest open internationally.)
- Bree Despain is excited about the cover art for her Dark Divine sequel The Lost Saint. She should be; it’s gorgeous. So, she’s holding a contest. Share the cover (tweet, blog, link, whatever) and then comment on her blog with the link to enter. Simple, huh? Contest is open through July 27.
- J.A. Saare is making it easy to enter her contest. Comment on her blog with which book you’d like to win: either a personalized copy of Crimson Moon (next on our TBR list) or a digital copy of Eternity and a Day. She’ll even let you comment twice to enter for both books. Enter before Saturday morning. Open internationally.
- One of our favorite book bloggers, Tynga, has a copy of this month’s group read The Iron King up for grabs along with a $25 VISA gift card. (As if entering the Iron Fey world wasn’t incentive enough!) Contest is open to U.S. and Canadian residents through Aug. 2. Scroll to the end of the page for the contest.
- Enter to win a signed hardcover of City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare over at Book Whore. Second prize is a signed Mortal Instruments poster. There are multiple ways to get bonus entries on this one, so read through the full list. Contest is open through July 31 to U.S. residents only.
If you’ve spotted any other great freebies, giveaways or you’re interested in providing giveaway books here, comment below or send me an email.