I’m doing something a little different today. Most of the time we do a poll for the group read, but so many times Red-Headed Stepchild misses out on being our group read by a vote or two. You want to read it. I want to talk about it. Cue executive decision: the November group read will be Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells.
The novel is great urban fantasy with magic, vampires and one hell of a sidekick. (Do you remember when we let Giguhl do a Christmas post last year?!) But the executive decision isn’t the only thing different this time out. To further encourage you to participate, I’m giving away one signed copy of Red-Headed Stepchild (and bookmarks!). As we’re talking favorite paranormal creatures this week, leave a comment with your favorite mage/witch/wizard character to be entered to win. The contest is open internationally — because I love you — and ends at 11:59 p.m. Nov. 6.
In a world where being of mixed-blood is a major liability, Sabina doesn’t really fit in. And being an assassin – the only profession fit for an outcast – doesn’t help matters. But she’s never brought her work home. Until now.
Her latest mission is uncomfortably complex, and threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races. As Sabina scrambles to figure out which side she’s on, she uncovers a tangled political web, some nasty facts about her family and some unexpected new talents.
Any of these things could be worryingly life-changing, but together, they could be fatal …
This time, it’s personal.
If you need a refresher on how Vampire Book Club’s group read works, click over to the Group Read page.
CONTEST DETAILS AND RULES
1. To enter, you must leave a comment on this post answering the question above.
2. You do not need to follow Vampire Book Club to be entered, but we sure do like it.
3. This contest is open internationally.
4. Contest closes at 11:59 p.m. CST on Sunday, Nov. 6, 2011.
5. The winner will be selected using Random.org. Then she will be contacted via email and given 48 hours to claim her prize. If we do not hear from the winner(s) within that time, a new winner will be selected.
7. Though unlikely, Vampire Book Club has the right to change or cancel any giveaway at any time without prior notice.
8. Vampire Book Club is not responsible for prizes lost or damage in transit.