Last week Richelle Mead announced Vampire Academy has been optioned for a film by Preger Entertainment. (You may all cheer now.) Options are just that, though. The film is in the baby phase of producers pitching it to studios. So, while it may or may not happen (read Richelle’s reminder about not getting our hopes up), we can all start thinking about our dream cast.
It’s time to play armchair casting director! We nudged a few of you on Twitter for your suggestions, added our own, and here are the top picks for actors to portray our three leads: Rose, Dimitri and Lissa.
Dhampir. Fiesty. Stubborn.
1. Sophia Bush (pictured top right). You know her from the TV series One Tree Hill. (Shhh! She was also in that movie John Tucker Must Die.)
2. Nikki Reed. Don’t be like that, readers. She is more than Twilight, and can be hard a la Thirteen. My only concern is she may not be able to look young enough. Remember, she’s naturally a brunette (see what we mean).
3. Missy Peregrym. She’s been on a slew of TV shows including Reaper and Life as We Know It and starred in the movie Stick It. (See a photo)
Guardian. Russian. Controlled.
1. Ben Barnes (pictured right). Prince Caspian could pull off that Eastern European accent, right?
2. Taylor Kitsch. You’ve seen him in on TV’s Friday Night Lights and the X-Men prequel movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine (he played Remy LeBeau). Enough talk, just view the picture.
Vasilisa “Lissa” Dragomir
Moroi. Royalty. Spirit User.
1. Hayden Panettiere. The cheerleader from Heroes has the Moroi look (photo).
2. Julianna Guill. Lesser known, for sure. She’s been on TV in short runs and in movies like Friday the 13th, but we’ll but her in the maybe pile for Lissa. (See the photo)
3. Dianna Agron (pictured right). Another cheerleader, this time from Glee. While on the show her look is more fierce than Lissa would ever want, she has the right Moroi physique and can look very soft. If you’re going to be Lissa you need to be a bit willow-y.